Saturday, February 4, 2012

2nd class AM

I shared my desire to seek the need for timely data analysis to teachers with Dr. M and the class he suggested I pursue it in the are of MATH...that is quite an appropriate topic in lieu of the media and my understanding that one of the best indicators of success are a child's math ability...even more support for the use of NWEA and the Mathematician Lament....why math, interesting it is a topic that is primarily taught at school, unlike language and reading! I think this general statement of furture pursuit could be the most startling challenge and redirection in my area of focus for the last few months, tu Dr. M! Amazing, just like Bolman and Deal say, from simple to complex, based on my schemata verse that of Dr. M's.
We are now discussing Managing Oneself by Peter Drucker. Intriguing to discuss the stregths and weaknesses of ourselves. I have considered this is something many administrators are threatened by. Too often it is a competitive industry and the assumption is "I must know that because I am the boss." Examples include understand your strentghs, work on to improve your strengths, welcome feedback, limit your arrogance, remedy your bad habits, and beaware of your manners. Critically ask myself, do I mange my work with others well, or do I work better as a loner?

No comments:

Post a Comment